Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Jets are neat

In a recent conversation cool stuff like jets and guns were mentioned. I have the pleasure of living in a city where some of our military’s A-10's are based out of so I get to see them fly over my house a few times a day, watch them from the second floor of the gym window (its right in the flight path) as I work out, pretty cool.
We also have this intersection by the airport right at the end of the runway - sort of like Wayne's World minus the Gremlin, cheesy hair and phrases. It’s a lot of fun to be waiting for the light to turn green and see the jets fly out. When W was in town last fall I happened to be sitting there when Air Force One took off - pretty cool. Yesterday I was approaching the intersection and an A-10 took off and I could see the second following down the runway and of course had to roll down the window to get the full effect of the jet taking off and some Radiohead cranked on the radio - just a cool experience I am glad to have the opportunity to experience...

1 Comments:

Blogger anthony said...

the tank killer.

or could it be a tankiller? no, i guess a tan-killer would be like some spf 50 sunblock, huh? or maybe like living in northern finland. or maybe solar eclipses that live a really long time.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home